Broccoli and Red Clover Sprouts


I said I was going to talk about sprouting again and here it goes. As you can see, I love my sprouts. I just feel so good eating them and I know they are doing only good things for my body. When I sprout broccoli I like to mix in red clover seeds. You can see the jar on the left with my mixture of broccoli and red clover seeds soaking in filtered water. I let them soak overnight and then drain them in the morning. I rinse the seeds every 6-8 hours depending on how dry the kitchen is that day and in about 3-4 days my jar looks like the one up above. I have them sitting in our kitchen window on their last day of sprouting to green them up. They will fill with chlorophyll and increase in their nutritional content. You want nice green sprouts! After they are done "sunning" I lay them out on a paper towel to dry before storing them in the refrigerator. You don't want to store wet sprouts, they will mold quickly. I store all of my sprouts in those green fruit and vegetable storage containers. I found mine at Walgreens. My fruits and vegetables are stored in the green bags. The ones I have are "Debbie Meyer". I am still using the one and only set that I bought months ago. I just wash and dry them well between uses. Let me know what sprouts you like to grow. There are so many I want to try. Has anyone sprouted Fenugreek?
Peace and Health!
Today I am grateful for laughter. I had a great time at  party today that was filled with laughter.
~JMJ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining