Rainbow Breakfast Salad



Rainbow Breakfast Salad

1 large carrot, process with "S" blade
1 red apple, cubed
1 large stalk celery, chopped
1 grapefruit, peeled and cubed, keep all of the extra juices
1/4 C Gogi berries, soaked
1/4 C raw walnuts, soaked then chopped
Fresh lemon basil, chopped and whole leaves to garnish
2 T first cold pressed EVOO
2 tsp raw honey

Directions: 
Put the processed carrot into a bowl or on a serving plate. Top the carrots with the apple, celery, grapefruit, Gogi berries, chopped lemon basil and chopped walnuts. Drizzle with a simple dressing made of the EVOO, raw honey and leftover grapefruit juices. Garnish with whole lemon basil leaves. NOTE: The lemon basil flavor is a key component to this salad, if you aren't growing lemon basil use some lemon zest and fresh basil instead.
TIP: When I cut and peel a grapefruit this is how I reserve the extra juices- I cut each end off the grapefruit and squeeze all of the juice from these ends into a small bowl. Next I lay the grapefruit on one of the cut ends and begin to "fillet" off the skin w/ a very sharp, thin knife. Next I cut all around the core of the grapefruit by slicing off 4 sections. All of the seeds will be left in this core. Now I squeeze all of the juice from this core into that small bowl. This is the grapefruit juice that I use in my breakfast salad dressings.
Enjoy and Eat More Raw!
~JMJ~ Today I am thankful for the big hug I received from our 1 1/2 year old when he woke up this morning, after sleeping in till 9:30am!! Wow, Mommy actually got to eat breakfast this morning at a decent time. Now it's time to feed a very hungry baby. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining