Romaine with Apples and Pummelo

Romaine with Apples and Pummelo


So what is a pummelo/pomelo???
Read about them here:



I love starting the day with salads. They are very refreshing to me in the morning and really make me feel good. I usually like a sweeter salad early in the day versus a savory. I make many variations of these pummelo salads. When pummelos are in season I am fortunate enough to have some very dear friends who share them with me. They have a large tree in their yard and they bring me pumelos often. It is such a treat and I adore them. I actually prefer pummelos to grapefruit. Here is a simple morning salad that you can of course enjoy any time of day. If you do not have access to pummelos just use a really good grapefruit!

Romaine with Apples and Pummelo

1/2 a head of romaine, cut up
1 red apple, diced
1 grapefruit or pummelo, cut into bite size pieces
shredded raw coconut, soaked
1/4 C raisins, soaked 3 hours
Fresh lemon thyme, chopped
3 T First cold pressed EVOO
1 T Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
2 t raw honey
pinch of sea salt
Plate the romaine, apples, grapefruit, lemon thyme, raisins and coconut. Whisk together the EVOO, vinegar, salt and honey. Drizzle over the salad. Enjoy!
~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for good friends! You know who you are!!! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining