Yes, I Eat Seaweed!


Yes, I do eat sea vegetables and I love them! I decided to make a sea vegetable salad and serve it on a bed of kelp noodles. I adore kelp noodles. I have made so many different recipes with kelp noodles. Kelp noodles have no flavor, so they take on whatever flavor your recipe has. They are just a great raw substitute for traditional pasta!! I will share my other kelp noodle recipes at another time. Let's finish talking about this salad. If you are in any way curious about sea vegetables, this recipe would be a great one to start with. I bought one bag of kelp noodles called, "Sea Tangle Kelp Noodles" and one bag of  "Sea Tangle Mixed Sea Vegetables". If one person is eating these, they go a long way. I have made several different dishes with the same 2 bags. I store them in ziplock baggies in the refrigerator. The kelp noodles need to be stored in fresh filtered water and the sea vegetables come packed in sea salt. Let me share my recipe with you:

Sea Vegetable Salad on Kelp Noodles

1 1/2 C kelp noodles, rinse and soak in water for 30 min.
1/2 C sea vegetables, rinse off the sea salt they were packaged in
1/2 C chopped cherry tomatoes
1/2 C peeled and chopped cucumbers
1 large carrot, shaved into strips w/ vegetable peeler
1/4 of a red bell pepper, diced
1/2 C yellow squash, cubed
1 clove pressed garlic
1/4 C red onion, sliced thin
1 tsp ginger
pinch of cayenne
1/4 C cold pressed olive oil
1/4 C fresh lemon  juice
1/4 C fresh lime juice

After the kelp noodles soak for 30 minutes, rinse and drain them. Put kelp noodles onto a large dinner plate. Set aside. Prepare vegetables and the sea vegetables. Rinse off the salt that the sea vegetables were packed in. Place all of the vegetables into a bowl. In a small food processor or a blender, prepare the dressing. Add the lemon juice, lime juice, cayenne, olive oil, ginger and garlic. Blend well. Pour dressing over vegetables and gently mix. Place your sea vegetable salad on top of the plated sea kelp noodles. Enjoy!
~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for food from the sea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining