Traveling on a Raw Vegan Lifestyle

Traveling and staying true to a raw vegan lifestyle can be as easy or as difficult as you make it. All it takes to make it easy is a little advanced planning. I always call ahead to the hotel we will be staying at and reserve a small refrigerator for the room. I also pack a large enough cooler to hold the food that I'll purchase once we arrive at our destination.

Packing a blender is essential. For short trips I pack my Tribest travel blender. For longer trips I pack my highspeed blender, a Blendtec. I also pack food for the first few days just in case I cannot get to a market at our destination right away. This particular trip I packed lots of cut up melon, whole melons, tomatoes, avocados, oranges, bananas, peaches, lemons, various greens and veggies, and my wheatgrass. I have a travel wheatgrass juicer that makes wheatgrass on the road a breeze.

I use the dresser drawers at the hotel for food storage.
I set up my kitchen supplies on the top of a dresser so making the morning green smoothies is very quick and easy. And I also have my wheatgrass juicer readily available for my morning shot. I cut enough grass at home and wrap it up in paper towel and then place it in a vegetable keeper baggie in the refrigerator and it stays perfectly fresh!!


Over the past 5 1/2 years I have traveled very easily while adhering to my raw vegan lifestyle. It just takes a little bit of planning and determination. If you want to do something, it's always possible. If you are the least bit skeptical, you'll find excuses. I say, keep the mindset of, "No Excuses".




+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for the numerous trips we have been able to go on and the ability to stay on my raw vegan diet/lifestyle.


Comments

Cynthia said…
Great post thanks for reminding me how easy it can be. C

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining