Raw Onion Flat Bread

Those of us that juice regularly are faced with the decision of composting our remaining pulp after juicing or saving it and turning it into a yummy raw recipe. In our house we make a lot of carrot juice so I always have loads of carrot pulp on hand. I store it in freezer bags in the freezer so I can use it anytime that I need to make a raw bread or raw cookies. This week I decided to make some Raw Onion Flat Bread.
Here is my recipe:

Raw Onion Flat Bread


by Elizabeth @rawlivingandlearning.BlogSpot.com

4 Cups of carrot pulp
2-3 sweet onions, sliced thin
1/2 Cup water
4 Tablespoons of raw flax seeds, freshly ground
1/4 of a raw green zucchini, process in food processor until almost liquified
Dill weed to taste
Dried Italian spices to taste
Pinch of sea salt (optional)

Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring very well until a "dough" forms. Slowly moisten with more water if needed to get a proper consistency.
Spread the dough out on 2 dehydrator trays covered with Teflex sheets. Make it as thick or as thin as you like, using your hands to spread it out and shape it. Dehydrate for 12-15 hours depending on your climate. You want it to look dry yet still be soft. I flip mine over after the first 12 hours so each side will dehydrate evenly. Cut the bread with sharp kitchen scissors. Store in the refrigerator for 10 days or freeze, for up to 6 months, in freezer baggies. Enjoy!
 

Carrot Pulp



Onions


 

Freshly Ground Flax Seeds


Zucchini


Mix All Ingredients

 

Spread Onto Teflex   Sheets



Dehydrate for 12-15 Hours



Finished bread




Cut With Sharp Kitchen Scissors




+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for being able to install our new kitchen faucet all by myself!! Our previous faucet was leaking and creating a big wet mess every time we used it. I have gone weeks with this leak, mopping up the countertop multiple times a day. I was bound and determined to install it myself as we had just had a plumber come out who thought he could repair it but in fact made it worse. So I took matters into my own hands and am very grateful that my installation was a success. Not to mention we got the new faucet free. Delta stands by their products for life!!
Hubby is kinda teasing me because I also installed our new garbage disposal awhile back. He said he was going to get me a heavy tool belt so I could have "plumber butt" since I think I'm a plumber now. No kidding, that's what he said. Teeheehee!!!!



Comments

kelli said…
oh how i miss onion bread! must make it soon! and nice job on the faucet!

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining